Sound on up+down button stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ZiggyPastorius, Apr 21, 2008.

1. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

So recently, I started using my stereo system as my computer speakers, to get success. This didn't happen right at first, but happened like a day later...Whether they're plugged in or not, I can't hear the "boink" sound you hear when you click the volume up and down keys at F11 and F12. I can hear everything else fine, but it worries meh :( Anyone know what happened?

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

In System Preferences > Sound, under the Sound Effects tab, is 'Play feedback when volume is changed' enabled?

3. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Yeah it is. When I change the volume on the menu bar, it makes the sound, but not when I use the buttons.

4. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It's more of a "blip" sound than "boink". "Boink" is like a sound of a toy hammer.

Well anyways, did you try restarting. I had that happen to me once. The computer was really bogged down, things were acting funny, I restarted and it seemed fine.

5. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Fine, a blip then :p

No, I don't like restarting, it's against everything I stand for. Not, really, but, when I need to restart next, I'll see if that works :eek: I have been running protein folding non-stop for like 3 days...