Sound Output Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kashchei, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I woke up this morning and tried to watch a linked video on a webpage. I saw the video, but there was no sound (this had not been a problem the evening before). I am using USB soundsticks, so I checked to make sure that they were plugged in, and they were. I opened iTunes and sound came through the Soundsticks; I switched to the internal speaker and it worked there as well. When I tried the same with another embedded video, however, I only got sound from the internal speaker.

Has anyone had a similar problem or does anyone know how to fix this?

P.S. I have deleted the file com.apple.soundpref.plist and restarted, but this did nothing.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Is the sound on the video player turned on? Most Flash-based video players like YouTube's have their own volume control/mute tools beside the scrubber.

3. Kashchei thread starter macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Yes, the sound is on and the volume turned up on both the video player and the computer.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my original post. I should have also added that I get the same problem no matter which browser I use and no matter which webpage I try to watch video on (YouTube, the new Apple ads, etc.)