Sound over DVI/HDMI with Nvidia Graphiks

Discussion in 'macOS' started by m4rc0s, Apr 20, 2009.

1. m4rc0s macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

i am not sure if my question is related to Graphik or to Sound Forum, maybe both or here under MacOSX.

My Masterplan is to use FrontRow from my Couch and watch movies on a big screen. :mrgreen:

Therefore i already bought one 10m HDMI Cable and an iPhone Applikation called RowMote (Replaces the Apple Remote). And I found a little Applikation (TV Row) which switches the mainscreen over to my second screen whenever i start FrontRow. Up to this all works fine - I push the Button on my iPhone and FrontRow starts on my TV.

But i got no sound yet. :twisted:

My Graphikcard is a MSI 9800GT Whisper with two DVI Outs. My TV is connected by a HDMI/DVI Adapter. The Graphikcard is also connected to my Motherboards (EP-35-DS4) SPDIF_O header by this little 2 pole wire.

As far as i know it is possible to transmit Sound over HDMI, but is it possible by MacOSX, too?

I cannot find any Configurations refering to differnet SoundOutputs.

Anybody here who can help me further?

Thanks a lot, Marco

And yes, its not a real Mac, more an EFiX! ;)

2. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

Why don't you post in the hackintosh forums, you are not likely to get the help here you need.

3. m4rc0s thread starter macrumors newbie

Donts understand me wrong, i am a Macuser for years myself. And i like to play with technique. The thing is, that MacPro Users should stand in front of the same problems as I do. How do they get their stuff running?

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

As far as I know the audio drivers (kexts) for video cards with audio capabilities are not available for Mac OS X. You would be better off connecting the Audio from your motherboard to your TV's 2 channel audio input that corresponds to your HDMI input. If your motherboards audio chipset is sufficiently supported by Mac OS X and has an SPDIF connector to your stereo's digital input.