Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fikkser

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
I'm lost in this mac enviroment. :(

I recorded a live show on to a 24track alesis disc-recorder. I imported the files 24bit and 44 or 48khz to my mac and dragged them in to logic, and the sound gets pitched down.

I'm pretty sure the files are 24bit and 48khz, but I'm not sure, and when I right click the files in finder I cant se bit depth or khz, damn mac. Cant find in logic either.

When I used PC and cubase it would detect different samplerates. I think the case is that Logic wont detect 48khz and playing it as 44khz = down pitched. What can I do about it?

Have tried to change some settings to 48khz, but it just makes everything f... up.

Thankful for answers!

B

Black Macbook

You can just get info on the files before you import and find out exactly what they are - 24 bit 44.1 or 48 for example. Or open them in quicktime, and get info from there.

And then just set up audio preferences in logic the same way, and then try to import and see what happens.

fikkser

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
You can just get info on the files before you import and find out exactly what they are - 24 bit 44.1 or 48 for example. Or open them in quicktime, and get info from there.

And then just set up audio preferences in logic the same way, and then try to import and see what happens.

Thank you for your answer.

It's like this, I got a nice project with everything cut. Atleast two hours of work. When I make a new project and change samplerate to 48khz it works great, but when I change samplerate in the project everything gets out of sync. :/
Will I have to remake everything just because this silly problem?

seisend

Suspended
Feb 20, 2009
Switzerland
Thank you for your answer.

It's like this, I got a nice project with everything cut. Atleast two hours of work. When I make a new project and change samplerate to 48khz it works great, but when I change samplerate in the project everything gets out of sync. :/
Will I have to remake everything just because this silly problem?

If your Logic Project is set to 24bit 48KHz and you import 44.1 KHz material, there should be no problem at all. Logic normally asks you if you want to convert the material to the projects frequency.

Normally the frequency should show up if you Control-click on a file and go to "get info".

Make sure if you change the project's sample rate with already imported audio files you change the audio files sample rate also !

fikkser

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
If your Logic Project is set to 24bit 48KHz and you import 44.1 KHz material, there should be no problem at all. Logic normally asks you if you want to convert the material to the projects frequency.

Normally the frequency should show up if you Control-click on a file and go to "get info".

Make sure if you change the project's sample rate with already imported audio files you change the audio files sample rate also !

For some reason logic doesn't ask me when I import different samplerates. Deafult samplerate is 44.1khz. All the material is in 48khz.

When I change samplerate in the project it seems to stretch the clips from where they start, so if I have cut them up in 100 pieces it will stretch from the start of every clip. Meaning only the tracks that start on the same time gets synchronized.

Will just do the hours of cutting again, seems to be the way out.

seisend

Suspended
Feb 20, 2009
Switzerland
I would try to set Logic to it's basic settings and then try again.
Maybe there is something wrong with your import settings.

A good way to make your audio sync is the "Time and Pitch Machine" function in Logic. You may do a little math there but it works great and I use it a lot when I have audio files which are in differents bpm's and pitches. That way you can make your audio samples and loops sync too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.