Sound Problem with Headphones Plugged in.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JustinBjr, Aug 2, 2008.

1. JustinBjr macrumors newbie

I have an iMac Software Version 10.4.11 (tiger)
    and my Problem is, Whenever I plug headphones in The sound is locked and it gives me the little locked circle, however sound works whenever I unplug the headphones. I've been searching threads for an answer put most people seem to have the opposite problem. I've checked my sound settings but it seems to be locked and cant adjust it if the headphones are in. I Often always keep my headphones in too otherwise Parent's complain about my music being to loud.
    Hopefully this is a easy fix, I'm up to try anything your all are willing to write and help...

Thanks for reading and pleas help!:)

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Can you take a few screen shots of the problem? Press command shift 3 at the same time for an entire shot or command shift 4 to specify a target area. I have never heard of this problem you described before.

3. JustinBjr thread starter macrumors newbie

sure...

Here is a sceern shot with the Headphones plugged in...

[​IMG]

as you can see its locked and don't let you do anything.. The soundflower is for the program Ishowu, it unlocks when you click that put its useless for getting your output sound so it does nothing...

Here is a sceern shot with the headphones removed from the Jack. Which unlocks the sound and allows you to adjust the output.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure if the headphone jack censor is messed up or what, I know the headphones are good because I tested other sets and the same results.

4. JustinBjr thread starter macrumors newbie

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

6. JustinBjr thread starter macrumors newbie

It isn't plugged into the wrong place. I've used them before and they use to work. It was just yesterday that I plugged them in and it decided to lock. So Idk what the deal is.

7. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Try deleting the corresponding preference file. I think it's com.apple.systempreferences.plist but I could be wrong.Someone else should chime in here.