iPhone Sound Profiles App

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rfs2005, Mar 28, 2014.

1. rfs2005 macrumors member

Years ago, I had a Blackberry that allowed me to change sounds based on the selected profile, and also allowed me to add certain contacts to an "exception list", with the ability to assign a different ringtone. I'm looking for something with the same functionality.

For example, at night, I'd like to select a profile that keeps all sounds on vibrate, with the exception of certain contacts (work and a few others), and I'd like for those numbers to ring with a tone that is loud enough to wake me up. When a normal profile is selected, I'd like for all contacts to ring with a normal ringtone.

So far, I've tried SBProfiles and VIP, but they don't seem to have the feature set I am looking for, but it is possible that I overlooked something. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. rfs2005 thread starter macrumors member

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for something with the same functionality that I had in my old Blackberry - the ability to change ringtone based on the profile selected, with exceptions for selected contacts.

Thanks.

3. rfs2005 thread starter macrumors member

No responses yet? I guess such an app doesn't exist.

4. HenryLong macrumors 6502

HenryLong

Well, if you're asking for something that does the same as your old blackberry than you're right - no such tweak exists.
    If your looking for something similar you can try a combination of SBProfiles and Ringer&Tones.
    With these you can set custom system profiles as well as apply individual ringtones to contacts. But no way to apply different ringtones to customized system profiles.