Sound Quality of MBP 2010?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ben01010, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Ben01010 macrumors newbie

I just purchased a new 15" MBP to replace my Late 2007 15" MBP and it seems that the sound quality of the 2007 MBP is better than the 2010...

Anyone else think the sound quality is lacking on the MBP 2010?

Also, can anyone recomend a cheaper version of the miniDVI-HDMI adapter that's listed on Apple's website?

Thanks

2. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

THe case was the opposite for me. I had an 07 santa rosa and i have one of the new i5s. The santa rosa chipset always had a digital hum to it from its digital audio converter. The dac on the new mbp seems to be much better for me.

However, i did prefer the speakers on my old mbp better.

3. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

Don't have an older Macbook to compare to, but the sound quality on this one is better than that of my 17" Dell Studio and Acer netbook.

4. deeesea macrumors 6502

are we talking through the speakers? cos I like the speakers a bit more than the ones on the old macbook white ones. It's a lot louder and makes watching movies with friends w/o a speaker a lot easier than before.

but as for the 3.5 mm jack it blows. honestly blows. I plug in my ipod headphones and I hear this constant buzz @ low volume (when you put the sound all the way to 0, and then hit the mute button it allows for very little sound). Then when I plug in my shures, @ 1 bar of volume i can still hear the buzzing. It's a real pain when I'm studying and listening to music. I don't really want Norah Jones to be blasting in my ears, and I don't really wanna hear the hubbub of everything around me, so I leave it at low volumes, but then I just hear buzzing which is kinda annoying. But I've learned to get used to it haha.

5. Ben01010 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was talking about the sound quality of the speakers.

Thanks for the thoughts

6. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

Probably due to the small speaker grilles on the unibody models but neither comes anywhere near replacing dedicated speakers of head/earphones.