Sound quality

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by 2mer, Jun 29, 2012.

1. 2mer macrumors newbie

I have posted this on apple community but it wasn't getting me anywhere so I am going to ask here.

How is you're over all mac book air audio quality?

I currently have the new macbook air 13" and the sound is very good until I have it near or maxed out, then in some videos(haven't noticed in iTunes musics) I get weird buzzing noise from the top left side of the keyboard. It rumbles and I think that is the cause of the vibration sounds.

Any input would be awesome, thanks in advance.:D

2. justplainmike macrumors newbie

Mba 11"

Speaking for myself, having just upgraded from a black macbook C2D, the sound is loads better. Noticeably better stereo separation and higher volumes. Surprising for such a small computer. Hope this helps!

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have the late 2011 13" and find the sound is pretty decent considering the size and location of the speakers (Under the KB) but if I want quality sound I stream to my DTS or Hi-fi system.

It's fine for Youtube videos and speech though, but as the OP points out, when the volume is raised it can sound a little tinny.

4. 2mer thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just wondering if this issue constitutes an exchange.

Songs like Little Dragon "stormy weather" is a perfect test example. It just takes a crap on my speakers and it gets static like buzz noise and you can feel the vibration.

Its not like this for everything i listen to but when it does, it's very irritating.

5. currahee2100 macrumors member

It could be worse and it could be better. I've bought cheapo laptops for family that had really really tinny speakers. I would say that the Macbook Air and Pro have decent, above average speakers.

By all means, they're not going to beat my Logitech 5.1 speakers, but they do just fine.

6. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

I would say they are really not meant for full volume music reproduction. THey are as good as they can be in a machine of this form factor, but maybe you are expecting too much?