Sound Quality

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grobinson73, Jun 19, 2016.

1. grobinson73 macrumors newbie

Hello..new to here

I've had a macbook pro for about 3 years now

For music in the office I've always used my windows tablet, but have new wireless headphones and now using macbook as they don't work with the old tablet

I have bootcamp on using windows 10

My question....the sound quality for music through the Windows 10 side is much superior to the OSX side....can I enhance music quality on the OSX side as I prefer to use that side of the laptop...when i say superior the OSX side somewhat flat compared to Windows 10

Thanks

Graeme

2. Fishrrman macrumors G3

Just wondering --

What app are you using to listen to music "on the Windows side"?

Does the software have an "equalizer" in it?

If it does, are the settings for the equalizer different than those on the Mac side?

When you run Windows on the Macbook, you're using the exact same HARDWARE as you are on the Mac side. I assume you're playing the same music files, as well.

Something is different "in your software" ...

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Since the hardware is the same on both OS'es (same computer), it's likely down to the software used to play the music. Are you using the same on both?

4. grobinson73 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah using spotify in both cases

thanks

5. jerryk macrumors 68020

I use spotify for all of my music and do not notice a quality difference when going between my PC and Mac laptops.

But I do not use wireless headphones. Do you have some wired ones you can try? There might be issue in the BT stack or A-to-D and D-to-A conversions.

Also, If you have a premium account on Spotify have you tried the High Quality streaming option under settings? Things sound tiny to me unless I have high quality enabled.