Sound randomly stops working entirely? iPhone 7 Plus / iOS 10.1.1

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by daijholt, Nov 11, 2016.

1. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

Bizarre issue started occurring to me this week, wondering if anyone else is experiencing it too.

It's only noticed when I'm loading up a YouTube video; it plays normally, then randomly the sounds stops. Quitting the app and testing other audio throughout the system shows that audio has stopped completely; music can't be heard, keyboard clicks go silent, ringtones don't play. A reboot is then required to return everything to normal.

This started occurring after I did a clean restore to iOS 10.1.1 via iTunes (but before the updated 10.1.1 was released a few days ago). It never happened before that point, even on the 10.2 beta.

If it's a common bug I'll just wait it out (it's a PITA to restore to a 256gb phone), but if not, I'll bite the bullet and hit restore again.

Please do chime in if you can.

2. Prod1702 macrumors newbie

This started happening to me today on my 6s plus. I am on the 10.2 beta. But most of the time if I just close the app and reopen it the problem is gone. Seems like it happens to me more with Netflix. I use Spotify a lot and the problem doesn't happen with that.