Sound Recorder App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by onoble, Jun 26, 2008.

1. onoble macrumors member

Hey,

I am student, I like to record my classes ans usually use Word to do this but it always crashes and is unreliable.

Is there any good, simple app to record sound using the mac book pro mic that would be good for this purpose. I dont need anythign with all kinds of funcitns and options, just a simple sound recorder, that doesnt use too miuch RAM so I can run word and internet at same time.

Thanks!

2. nanvinnie macrumors regular

i recommend "audacity" it's a free program that works as a sound recorder/editor

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

I think Quicktime wil record audio. I know Quicktime Pro will. Also Macs come with Garage band where you can set levels with little UV meters and in the terminal all you have to do is "cat" the audio device to a file and Bingo, dumb-simple and light weight recorder.

I'd go with a high quality external directional mic and garage Band. Getting a good mic makes a huge difference

4. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

GarageBand

Why on earth would you pay for something your Mac does right out of the box?

Edit: Oh... I'm not sure how much RAM this will take up though...

It seems like using GarageBand, Word, and a web browser all at once should easily be doable.

5. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

I second Audacity. It's free and can record audio. Pretty simple interface, and not too hard to figure out.

6. onoble thread starter macrumors member

tnaks everyone, I dwnld audacity but ti wont export to Mp3, any info on how to do that?

7. nanvinnie macrumors regular

8. ryanrul macrumors member

"Audio Recorder" is your best bet.

It's a freeware mp3 recorder that's ridiculously simple to use and only takes up 500k. No bells or whistles. Just a nice compact interface that lets you stop and start recordings.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17392

9. onoble thread starter macrumors member

10. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy