Sound Recording on MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Capt. Morgan, May 2, 2008.

1. Capt. Morgan macrumors member

I'm sure there is something obvious I have missed ... but how do I record sounds (such as voice notes) with my MBA?

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

You don't.

Unless you have an external soundcard.

3. masterpace macrumors regular

Not true. There's a built-in microphone in the Air. It's just hidden. Indeed, when I fire up one of my audio production application, an I'm talking or making noise around, I can see the microphone in bar go up consistently, which indicates there's a microphone on the Air.

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Of course there's a mic on the Air - all notebooks do, but it's notebook-grade. I'm assuming he wants to plug in a proper mic.

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

As has been mentioned, there is a built in microphone that you can access with software. If you want audio input, you'll need a USB audio interface.

6. Capt. Morgan thread starter macrumors member

Exactly. My previous Macs have had this. I am at a loss to find it on the MBA.

7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Are you failing to find the microphone or the software? The microphone is right next to the webcam. For software, you can use Garageband, but I think if you want something simpler than that you'll have to head over to http://www.versiontracker.com and search for some freeware.