Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
My system alert sound has changed itself twice from line out to internal speaker. Both times after I used front row to watch a DVD. What could cause this? the regular sound is still going through optical though.

Erasmus®

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
initial sound

hi guys, is there a way to turn off the initial sound o my mbp? I noticed it's palyed also if I have loudspeakers plugged in. It isn't played if I had previously muted my machine. But I would like to know if there's a way to avoid that sound without keeping my machine muted. Thx

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
hi guys, is there a way to turn off the initial sound o my mbp? I noticed it's palyed also if I have loudspeakers plugged in. It isn't played if I had previously muted my machine. But I would like to know if there's a way to avoid that sound without keeping my machine muted. Thx

You should make a new thread...or search..but there is program that does this..sort of it mutes it on shut down unmutes it on boot up. A quick versiontracker search: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25458

Erasmus®

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
thx

first of all thanks for the help. I will now try the programm out, but on versionstracker it looks like it's thought for ppc while I have intel. I cannot belive apple hasn't thought about this, don't you all find it embarassing when you turn your laptops on in libraries and forgot to mute it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.