Sound stops but music keeps playing...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouch6, Oct 9, 2008.

1. itouch6 macrumors newbie

I just got a new ipod touch a couple weeks ago and haven't seen any problems until yesterday.

I was listening to music and all of a sudden there was no sound. I checked on my ipod and the song was still going. To get it to work again I have to hit forward a song then back a song until the sound came back.

I thought it was a sync issue but I re-synced and that didn't work.

Any thoughts on what it is or if it is a hardware problem with the sound??

Thanks

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Is this happening only on the speaker, or through the headphones? Also, are you sure the iPod is still playing music (is the counter moving) or has it paused.

The iPod could be doing one of the following items.
    - Thinks you have unplugged your headphones (or something from the dock) as that will pause your music

- Had some kind of calendar event reminder come up, and muted your music to play a sound.

- Received an email and played a sound alert for mail and muted your music but didn't return it to normal volume.

Otherwise it could be some application interfering with the music player, but that should not be possible. You could also try rebooting the iPod by pushing (and holding) the lock button until the "slide to power off" option appears. Then reboot it by pushing the lock button once.

[​IMG]

3. itouch6 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is happening through the headphones and the counter is still moving which is the weird part I didn't understand.

I went through and check no events on my calender, do not have e-mail on my ipod so that wouldn't matter. So I did the rebooting and played a couple of songs and have not seen the problem yet.

I don't know what would of caused this but I hope it was just a minor fluke.

Thanks for the advice!

4. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Awesome!

I hope the reboot was all it needed. :)

[​IMG]