Sound System for my Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cain772, Feb 18, 2015.

1. cain772 macrumors member

Can anyone recommend a sound system for my Mac. I have a lot of parties at home and would like something that could fill the room. Preferably with Bluetooth connectivity and loud. Thank you in advance

2. ColdCase macrumors 68030

Just about all the modern receivers, pioneer etc, support airplay. So you can get as loud as you want with the typical receiver and speaker system. I have a pioneer VSX-1123, tall main speakers, and a HSU sub... now that is loud and clean even in a larger room.

3. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I stream to my Marrantz receiver. The rest is just like any other sound system.

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

i also will suggest airplay.

a lot of the A/V receivers have it built in. just need a network connection of some kind either wired ethernet or wifi
    or... you can get an airport express and add any powered speakers of your choice.

it's easy to expand the system, if you want to add music in another room, just add a device in that room. You can stream to them all in sync. (this only works from iTunes. From an iOS device you can only stream to one set of speakers at a time) You can also stream whole system audio from your mac, but only to one set of speakers at a time.

if the music you're playing isn't in iTunes, look at airfoil it lets you send audio from one program of your choice, or whole system audio to multiple locations at a time.