Sound vibes felt under right palm rest

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sherryyar24, Jul 12, 2010.

1. sherryyar24 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I've month old MBP and been patient but now it has started to piss me off a little. Whenever i'm playing music or watching video at decent volume then i can feel slight vibration created by the sound.

Is it my MBP or others have the same issue? Some have pointed out that there is a sub-woof located under the right palm rest but it's a really ******:mad: design if your palms have constant slight vibration while watching something.

Should i take it in to the store and see if anhything can be done or I gotta live with it?

thanks for your input.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

There is a distinct possibility that that is simply your hard drive, as that is the reason for the vibration in mine. But if it is the sound, naturally there will be vibrations, especially if the case is all one piece.

3. kaheiyeh macrumors member

Unfortunately, yes, you'll have to deal with it. The subwoofer is under the right palm rest and I get vibrations there too from sound. You can try using headphones or getting an external keyboard/mouse instead so you won't have to touch the palmrest as often.

4. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

Its not a problem at all. All sub-woofers vibrate and you're going to feel it. Stop being a baby.:p

5. iperson21 macrumors regular

thats where the speaker is. i feel it on my mom's MBP too.

if you mainly use the MBP in a statinary position that is where you live, get a pair of logitech speakers.

they have one for only 8.99 on amazon., but it requires a wall plug

or i could also suggest altec lansing usb speakers.