Sound volume control expand and specifically select application

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mpt-matthew, Apr 20, 2011.

  1. mpt-matthew macrumors regular

    Aug 11, 2010
    Two questions in one.

    Is there an app that can expand the size of your volume bar (that pops up when you change volume) hence giving your more resolution.
    I know there is a keyboard shortcut, but this would look better. I am sure i have seen it somewhere, but can't find it.

    Is there an app that gives you control over the volume of different aspects of your system, open apps, etc. In windows you can say decrease the volume of the web browser without having to decrease the volume of each thing in it.

  2. satcomer macrumors 603


    Feb 19, 2008
    The Finger Lakes Region
    Are you fingers are all broken? Most modern Mac keyboards have System Volume keys on kets F10 (mute), F11 (Volume down) & F12 (Volume up). Why not use your fingers?

    Plus I use Audio Hijack Pro to control many system sounds (and record any system sound).
  3. mpt-matthew thread starter macrumors regular

    Aug 11, 2010
    No, my finders aren't broken. When you use the F10,11&12 keys, the volume bar comes up on the screen. I want more resolution (hence a bigger volume bar). So i can listen to music quieter (or have more resolution at quieter levels).

    Also, i don't want to change the system sounds, just control each windows volume separately, but this is not the main question.

    Thanks anyway.
  4. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

    Nov 26, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Preferences -> Sound -> Show sound in menu bar.

    Also, shift+option+volUp/volDown increases/decreases volume in smaller increments (4x).
  5. mpt-matthew thread starter macrumors regular

    Aug 11, 2010
    Ok, thanks
    I knew this, but i think i saw an app to enforce this all the time.

Share This Page