Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaliyuga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
every time I pause LOGIC express7 I get a repeating hung note, sounds like a machine gun which is very irritating when trying to work on audio.It also happens sometimes in itunes but strangely doesn't happen if i put them on at the same time,wierd

I have two m-audio cards, the audiophile 2496 and the delta 66, using the 2.0.3 version of the driver as I am running OSX 10.3.9.
I use the audiophile for the audio out in logic, i was just going to use the delta 66 for audio in, last time i tried playing out the 66 it sounded crap.

kaliyuga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
also

another thing is an error message comes up fairly frequently sying error while trying to synchronise audio and midi, but there was no midi on the track?//

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Can you try increasing the buffer size? If the sound repeats slower with a larger buffer then it means it isn't resetting the buffer when it should be. If that's the case, then you really need to take the machine with the soundcard into a professional store. It's a very complex problem...

kaliyuga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
i tried reseting the buffer size as you suggested it seemed to make no differencebut what i did notice was in the audio devices clock source is greyed out.in song settings midi clock mdi time code none of the boxes are ticked
what tis all mean i dont have a clue and living in a remote part of new zealand there is nobody to ask

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
To be honest with you, I find midi clock and syncing a bit confusing.

When you say reset, I actually mean increase. It's probably set to something like 512 samples at the moment. Try setting it to around 2048 and see if it makes the looping 'machine gun' sound slow down...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.