Soundflower, Audio Midi, and Skype problems

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Ysalmari, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Ysalmari macrumors newbie

I am pulling my hair out with this one.

I'm using a Macbook Pro from 2011, running El Capitan. I host a podcast where we interview guests over skype. I use two USB mics for myself and my cohost, and soundflower to patch the skype audio into Audacity with an aggregate through audio midi. All of this has worked reasonably fine. However, lately we've been running into a strange issue where one of the mics cannot be heard on the other end of the skype call. It picks up fine in the recording, but not through skype. I've tried going through all the preferences in skype, the system preferences on my mac, deleted and remade the aggregate devices, but nothing seems to work. Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it? It doesn't seem to be a soundflower issue because I tried building an input aggregate without soundflower and it still wouldn't work.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

So, the two USB mics on your MBP are combined into an aggregate device...and that is the device selected for your Skype audio "in"?

Has Skype been updated recently?

3. Ysalmari thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, just updated while trying to solve the problem. Nothing.

4. accentaudio macrumors 6502

accentaudio

I have never been able to rely on soundflower, it is too glitchy and unstable for any serious work.