SoundHound app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ozzyman500, Apr 20, 2010.

1. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I've been using Shazam for quiet a long time now and it's pretty good. But it can't recognize some songs that I went to tag it and I've been looking at SoundHound. Is the $4.99 price tag really worth it?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have both and when Shazam can't find a song I have noticed SoundHound cannot as well. Although, I have Shazam from when it was free (before it went paid) and Midomi, which is SoundHound.

3. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

Actually I must of forgot that I used this before because they said I had a free update. So they didn't charge me. Pretty cool.

4. joudbren macrumors regular

I have both and mostly I use Soundhound now. It does pick up a few tunes that Shazam doesn't but for the most part, they seem to have similiar databases. I just prefer it now to Shazam and for $5 bucks, hey, how far wrong can you go. We've also tested it with humming a couple of tunes and it did get one of them so that extra feature in itself was worth the $5.

Cheers!

James

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

in my experience, sound hound will recognize more songs than shazam but not much more. i also like that sound hound can start listening on app startup. I don't know if shazam does this, but it makes the app all the more convenient.

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I love stumping Soundhound and Shazam with really obscure music.

7. BobRichards macrumors regular

I love sound hound. It works so well. I haven't tried shazam yet, but I will probably get that tonight.

8. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

9. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod