Sounds are still messed up in iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Bugeyeblue, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I have a 16gb verizon iPhone 5. With iOS 6, and now with 7, even after a fresh restore, I still had intermittent sound issues. Mostly the notifications getting very low in volume after using Siri. But that's not the only time I have this problem. It just seems to come and go. It also affects the keyboard click volume. The only way I have found to fix it is to either reboot, or go into the music app, go to now playing, turn the volume slider all the way up, back out of the app, and SOMETIMES the volumes will be back to normal.

Any fixes for this?

2. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

3. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

Sometimes sounds in notifications don't play at all. Most of the people on this forum have taken a stance of defending iOS 7 than actually acknowledging it has major problems that are inconsistent across the board. They like to just chalk up as getting used to the new OS or that it isn't perfect. :(

4. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Ya, that's true.

5. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

6. vexorg macrumors 6502a

I've not noticed it in ios7 yet, seems ok so far, I know 6 had a real problem with consistent sound volume. Siri would mess up the current phone and app volume levels.

7. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

I have not noticed anything, however most of the time my phone is on vibration so it's easy to go unnoticed!

8. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Every time I use siri I have to restart my phone, or else my sounds are all so low I can't hear any notifications or calls.

9. big samm macrumors 65816

Yep i have a sound glitch not like yours but i have a ipad 3 and iphone 5s and when i get a email both are making different notification sound even know i choose the same sound on both devices...

10. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

After you use Siri I think the phone kinda sticks on that volume for a few seconds. Try adjusting your Siri volume to see if that helps. Just ask Siri a question or something and immediately hit the volume buttons. I used to have a problem where everything was super loud after Siri but once I turned her down it was normal.

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

As much as I love iOS 7 it's nowhere near perfect but it is tolerable until patches iron out kinks. Personally, I hate the freakin Tri-tone remix. My wife uses it for her text sound and that echo just annoys the hell out of me.

12. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

For me, when I am listening to music from the iPod app or podcasts from the Downcast app, when I get a notification or am using voice navigation it will return the volume to a higher level than it was before I got the notification.
    Example: I am listening to a podcast and I get an email or google maps gives me a voice guidance, the volume of the podcast goes low while the notification sounds and then when the notification is over it turns the volume up higher than it was before. Only way to fix it is to pause the music/podcast and the hit the play button again. Once I do that the music/podcast goes back to the normal volume. It's really annoying.

13. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

There's a ringer volume, and a control center volume. If there's a way to get to a Siri volume let me know. Adjusting the media/music/control center volume doesn't do anything for me in the way of fixing what problem I have.

14. sliceoftoast macrumors 6502

sliceoftoast

My notification sounds echo? It has done that on the iPhone 5 and 5s any one else had this?

15. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Or, oR. OR not many people are experiencing the same thing and this are reluctant to believe.

Having said that, yes the OS has bugs but not major enough (on my devices which are 3) to warrant constant critisicm.

Research vocal minority. The internet makes the few seem like many.

16. msingewald macrumors newbie

The notification volume and ringtone is inconsistent for me also. Additionally, the first note of my three tone notification sound is loud and the remaining two sound normal.

17. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

As far as I know the way to adjust the Siri volume is how I described....do something with Siri and immediately adjust the volume with the buttons.

18. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.