Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
is there a way to have the mail sounds come out of the little speaker I. The iPod touch? I want to be alerted everytime I receive a message, or when a message I sent goes through. The only way the sounds seem to come through is when I have my headphones plugged in and have it set in the preferences to make sound through the headphones. Is there some resource I could rename, or a special setting tucked away?

Thanks in advanced,
Jimmy

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I realize this, I'm really looking for any sound that the iPod speaker can make. The iPod does have a speaker, but it's nowhere near as functional as the iPhone's speaker. It can make a few beeping sounds, you can hear them when you set an alarm (try it) when the alarm sounds it let's out a little chime. I want some little chime like that for alerts for mail.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Does anyone know if this is even possible. I'd imagine that you would just have to change mail.app to tell a different speaker to make a different sound when something occurs. However I'm not very knowledgeable in programming, but I could edit plist's and move things around.

albinoAZN

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
well, there's nothing that can help in the Plist, can you upload the whole mail.app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.