sounds in Mail.app

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by TuffLuffJimmy, Jan 3, 2008.

1. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

is there a way to have the mail sounds come out of the little speaker I. The iPod touch? I want to be alerted everytime I receive a message, or when a message I sent goes through. The only way the sounds seem to come through is when I have my headphones plugged in and have it set in the preferences to make sound through the headphones. Is there some resource I could rename, or a special setting tucked away?

Thanks in advanced,
    Jimmy

2. albinoAZN macrumors regular

The iPod Touch doesn't have a speaker on it like the iPhone.

3. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I realize this, I'm really looking for any sound that the iPod speaker can make. The iPod does have a speaker, but it's nowhere near as functional as the iPhone's speaker. It can make a few beeping sounds, you can hear them when you set an alarm (try it) when the alarm sounds it let's out a little chime. I want some little chime like that for alerts for mail.

4. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Does anyone know if this is even possible. I'd imagine that you would just have to change mail.app to tell a different speaker to make a different sound when something occurs. However I'm not very knowledgeable in programming, but I could edit plist's and move things around.

5. albinoAZN macrumors regular

if you could upload the plists for mail.app, I can take a look for you.

6. albinoAZN macrumors regular

well, there's nothing that can help in the Plist, can you upload the whole mail.app?

7. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It's up on the same page now.

Thanks for your help :)