sounds on facebook and twitter apps

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by olalakers, Dec 12, 2012.

1. olalakers macrumors newbie

I am having trouble hearing sounds on the twitter and FB apps for iphone 5. I have checked and rechecked the settings and reinstalled the apps and nothing seems to work. Is anybody else having this problem? The sounds I am talking about is I don't hear the "tweet" sound when sending a tweet and there are no audible sounds when I get facebook notifications.

2. Jaypi macrumors regular

Jaypi

There are no sounds for FB notifications for iOS6, but you should hear a sound when you sent a tweet successfully.

Check your notification settings for twitter: Settings --> Notifications --> Twitter --> Activate Sound

3. olalakers thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info about FB. I didn't know that. As for twitter, I have checked all my settings and that does not seem to be the problem. I might just have to wait until the next OS and see if it works then. Besides that, I don't know what else to do. Have you heard of this before with the twitter sound problems on iOS6?

4. Jaypi macrumors regular

Jaypi

Do you hear the sound when you lock your iPhone?

5. olalakers thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry but I am new to iphone and am not sure what you mean by lock the phone. I do know that the it does make a sound when I send an email and when I get a new email and text message. So, there are sounds for some things and things like twitter does not work. Weird.