Soundsticks II

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by joshua_msu, Jul 28, 2009.

1. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

Are the satellites supposed to light up on these, or only the subwoofer?

2. joshua_msu thread starter macrumors regular

joshua_msu

Darn. Looked like the sats has little LED's in them.

3. mep42 macrumors member

How are these speakers compared to the logitech z series speakers?

Thanks

mark

4. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

For phallic resemblance, Sounsticks wins, hands down.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

For things relevant to sound, the Z-2300 win. But my recomendation is the Swan M10. To put these in the category of computer speakers is insulting because they are that much better. The main problem with these is that they are impossible to find, but these things are truly on a different level. They even ship with white gloves so that you don't get fingerprints on the speakers. And they are barely over $100.

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Even though the Soundsticks are quite old (2006 I believe) they are of much better quality than the Logitech Z4s.

7. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

I didn't even notice the resemblance until one of my friends asked me about the "male anatomy" speakers on my desk. :eek:

These babies are LOUD. I have to keep them near the lowest setting most of the time. Great sound quality too.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Why would we care about a few fingerprints on something like computer speakers... bound to move them around pretty often (well I would) so how many times would one bother to put on gloves to do that?

I don't know where to put the emoticon in there but it's not a hostile quiestion (though it reads that way even to me now). I am just curious.

It's more than idle curiosity because I am becoming less and less enamored of the audio on my MacBook (trying to be polite). So I'm thinking to get some speakers, not quite actively shopping yet.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I understand. It's more to show the seriousness of Swan as a company. They are competing against the likes of Harman Kardon, Klipsch, Altec Lansing, etc. Unless you are into hi-fi, most people have not heard of Swan. I will be either attempting to steal my friend's pair or getting my own for college as I cannot bring the KRK Museum to college.