Soundtrack Pro 2 - ducking - need help

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Hi guys,

I think about producing my podcast ( http://www.maccast.de ) in Soundtrack Pro 2 instead of Garageband. Now - I cannot find the ducking feature in Soundtrack Pro 2. Maybe some can give me a hand/hint.

That would be great.

Thanks
LaForge

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
i'm not familiar w/ that software nor its plugins, but if you can find a compressor that supports keying, you can key off comment track and duck that way.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
i'm not familiar w/ that software nor its plugins, but if you can find a compressor that supports keying, you can key off comment track and duck that way.
Thanks - but I don't want to duck it completely away - I am just looking for the exact same feature that Garageband has for so long now.

nbusse

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2007
boston
I haven't really worked w/ soundtrack, but it seems like there should be a volume control somewhere...? in programs like DP there's multiple ways to draw in your own volume controls.

might be something like a filtered view, where if you can make it display the volume level you can drag it down

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
I just want auto ducking like in Garageband. Just the same as in Garageband. Of course I can change the volume by setting keyframes and then adjust it. But thats not what I want.

Cromulent

macrumors 603
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
You would probably get better help in the digital video forum seeing as Soundtrack 2 is designed to be used with FCP.

Sorry I have no idea how to do this myself as I have not really started to use Soundtrack properly.