Soundtrack Pro Crashes

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by wd40s, Jun 25, 2008.

1. wd40s macrumors newbie

hi

i was wondering if anyone to help me out with this problem im having with soundtrack pro. every time i try to boot the app it will crash on startup and my computer will tell me that it quit unexpectedly. i've never used the app before and i've reinstalled it but can't figure it out. the error report looks like this.....

Process: Soundtrack Pro [2275]
    Path: /Applications/Soundtrack Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Soundtrack Pro
    Identifier: com.apple.soundtrackpro
    Version: ??? (???)
    Build Info: SoundtrackProProject-7030000~2
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [67]

Date/Time: 2008-06-25 18:28:49.193 -0500
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.3 (9D34)
    Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
    Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/ProMetadataSupport.framework/Versions/A/ProMetadataSupport
    Referenced from: /Applications/Soundtrack Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Soundtrack Pro
    Reason: image not found

2. Shagrat macrumors 6502a

Shagrat

Sorry I can't help...

have just installed and get...

Process: Soundtrack Pro [280]
    Path: /Applications/Soundtrack Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Soundtrack Pro
    Identifier: com.apple.soundtrackpro
    Version: ??? (???)
    Build Info: SoundtrackProProject-7030000~2
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [66]

Date/Time: 2008-06-29 20:15:09.231 +0100
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.3 (9D34)
    Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
    Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/ProMetadataSupport.framework/Versions/A/ProMetadataSupport
    Referenced from: /Applications/Soundtrack Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Soundtrack Pro
    Reason: image not found

i.e almost identical report to you.

It USED to work before my hard disk crashed, and I had to replcae it, but now, having just done a fresh install i get the above.

Difference , maybe, is that last time I installed Logic 8 i installed over previous Logic 7, but i don't know if that is what is causing this problem.

Anybody else able to shine a light on this?

3. Shagrat macrumors 6502a

Shagrat

OK, going back to the install disk it says that Soundtrack Pro is an UPDATE, and also won't let me install Compressor, which if you highlight it, that it needs to be installed for STP to work.

So it would appear that I should have installed Logic 7 first, which i THINK would have installed STP. Then installed Logic 8 which is, at least as far as I know an UPDATER to Logic 7, so I guess that installing 8 cleanly is a no go for STP and Compressor too.

Damn.

4. Shagrat macrumors 6502a

Shagrat

OK, sorted this for myself...

Tried trashing STP and re-installing from DVD, but still wouldn't let me install Compressor.

So...PAcifist to the rescue.

USed Pacifist to extract Compressor install, and installed. it said it found files already, di I want to overwrite...so I said Yes to all.

Installed Compressor, then same procedure for STP, and then not only did STP run, I then got updates for STP, Compressor and Pro Apps Support all appearing in Software update.

Installed all, and now STP is up and running again!

Hope this helps.

PS PACIFIST is here.

5. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

I remember a similar issue when I upgraded from Logic Express to Logic Studio. It just wouldn't let me install Compressor. I also had Final Cut Studio (original version at the time), and I figured the installer had gotten confused. I ended up calling Apple's support hotline, and a guy there spent the better part of an hour on the phone with me, guiding me through the process of manually removing the right files to convince the installer that it hadn't done its job yet. Everything has been working flawlessley since then.

- Martin

6. Rustman macrumors regular

Rustman

Many, many thanks for turning me onto the magic of Pacifist. I too had the problem with the installer not allowing the Compressor component to install (leaving me with 210MB not being put where it was needed).

I should just clarify that to reinstall these apps with Pacifist, you don't need to extract the packages, but use the install package function, using the "Install Logic Studio" as the source. It will then ask you for all your Logic Studio disks. You don't need anything other than the Main Logic Studio disk though, so just skip through the Audio Content disks until you need to use the Logic Studio disk again.

I used the replace all function and the program would now launch. Previously it wouldn't even get to the stage where a preference file was installed, and would instantly quit prior to a splash screen.

I believe what caused this is I installed in two chunks. I just installed the main Logic Studio disk first and AudioContent 1, because I was eager to try it out. I then installed everything else a day later after I freed up some disk space.

I have to say, this sort of sloppy software behaviour from Apple, running on Apple hardware should never happen. My method of install is perfectly predictable and yet seemingly missed.

Well, it's fixed now. It saves me a fruitless afternoon trying to fix preferences, reinstall combo updates and all that other malarky.

Thanks.

7. madmanonthemoon macrumors newbie

Re; Soundtrack Pro Kjeeps Crashing

I too have had this problem & have spent hours searching the web , replacing plug-Ins & talking to Apple at great length I was on the verge of just giving up when I stumbled upon this link which completely solved the problem! knowing the stress & frustration that this Issue caused me (The error message I got was Identical) I decided to share this knowledge!
    here's the link >>>>http://www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/cats/20/index2.html

8. dpr980 macrumors newbie

How exactly does one accomplish this with Pacifist? I can't seem to figure that out....

9. yoavhacohen macrumors newbie

In order to make it work:
    1. Open "Install Logic Studio" from Logic DVD using Pacifist.
    2. Navigate to: "Contents of LogicStudio.mpkg\Contents of Compressor\Contents of PluginManager.pkg\Library\Frameworks\ProFX.framework"
    3. Right click on "ProFX.framework" and install to default location.

That's it.