Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seriypshick

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2005
Everywhere
What does it do?
screenshot113ua.jpg

Thanks, Levi.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
It lets you route your incoming (source) A/V tracks onto the timeline. For example, let's say you want your source video to appear on V3 on and your source audio to appear on A5 and A6. you simple move the "V1" icon on the left(source) up to the "V3" icon on the right (timeline) and the "A1" and "A2" icons on the left to the "A5" and "A6" icons on the right, respectively.

Or, let's say you just want video from your source but no audio. Simply click on the source (left) "A1" and "A2" icons and they will separate from the icons on the right. This will make it so only "V1" will be edited into the timeline.

Lethal

seriypshick

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2005
Everywhere
I still don't get it.

What source? What destination? What changes when I move theese things around? It doesn't seem like anything changes when I move theese things.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
A1 and A2 are the Left and Right channels of the audio in your video clip. When you move them around, you are basically moving the channels to which destination track you are laying down.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
seriypshick said:
So when I do this:
screenshot125uq.jpg

It basicaly changes left chanel to right and right chanel to left. Right?
No. It just moves the A1 channel onto a different track in the timeline. To reverse stereo, you need to open up the video clip in the viewer and set the panning left or right.

seriypshick

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2005
Everywhere
Ok, thanks.

However, I still don't get it. (Or maybe I do, but I don't see where I can use this).

Can someone give me a link to a tutorial or something.

P.S. Sorry for being annoying.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
You'll get it after editing a bit more. You may not find it useful for stereo pair video clips but they become important when working with dual channel video clips.

A tutorial of target tracks here.

seriypshick

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2005
Everywhere
I get it now

It works only when you drag clips to the canvas but not with timeline editing.

Thank You, Lacero & others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.