Source of alarms

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lmrapp, Jan 17, 2015.

1. lmrapp macrumors newbie

iPhone 6, IOS 8.1.2. There are numerous alarms going off. Is there a way to identify them?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Pull down from the top and look at the notifications

3. lmrapp thread starter macrumors newbie

Pardon me for being stupid (I'm a newbie and wish it came with a manual), but if I hear two fairly quick buzzes, all I have to do is wake it up and pull down from the top and the notification I see will be the source of it? Wow, that is easy! Thanks,

Larry

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Larry, you don't need a manual to figure out an iPhone.
    That's the beauty of it and the reason ios is so successful.

5. lmrapp thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, there must be more to it. I disabled most notifications. That seems to possibly helped a bit, but I'm still getting some alarms. When I turn on the display and use a fingerprint and then pull down the notifications panel, I get some displays, but nothing which should cause an alarm. For example, I use Evernote and that is on the display panel, but just the application, nothing which needs attention - it offers to show me recently displayed notes. The other thing is the calendar. I use "Sunrise" but all that is showing is that it's someone's birthday. Does that cause an alarm? I want to know about birthdays but I don't want to cause alarms.

It buzzes at me in the morning. Tomorrow, perhaps I will turn off all notifications. Maybe that will work. However, that would be like using a tank to kill a mosquito. I really don't want to do that. I would like to use alarms when I decide.

I still think it needs a manual! Some things are not intuitive.

6. lmrapp thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I figured it out. The sound I heard was "heartbleed" (two quick buzzes). It didn't specifically occur at fixed time, it was heard whenever new mail came in. Apparently, I had set it to do that in Settings -> Notifications -> Mail. At least that's what I think. When I go to bed at night, I turn off sound but it must be that "heartbleed" being a buzzing noise, continues. Anyway I turned it off so we'll see if that works. Thanks for the help.
    --

Larry