Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linux2mac

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
"City of Lakes", MN
What an embarrassing name... So last century.

I think "Zune" is the icing on the cake for embarrassing names.

And how about Windows 8 "Modern Reader?" Ummm, Linux and OSX have had built in PDF readers for a decade. Not surprising though since the Microsoft way is "if you can't beat them, copy them."

ROFLMAO

glasspsyche

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2006
Seriously, for 4.5 million dollars? GoDaddy.com sells domain names for like 1.99 with a non-domain purchase. BADDDDDDDDD BUSINESS MOVE! I should sue Apple on grounds of insanity (on their part)

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Seriously, for 4.5 million dollars? GoDaddy.com sells domain names for like 1.99 with a non-domain purchase. BADDDDDDDDD BUSINESS MOVE! I should sue Apple on grounds of insanity (on their part)

Seriously. Telling you though man, online real estate is/was the thing. Now it's impossible to get four letter domain names. People actually purchased domain names for no reason other than to sell them to a company. I had the perfect business name but all the domains I needed were taken. Querying "WhoIs?" got me to one guy who I emailed. He wanted $10,000 for the name. He wasn't even using it and he had/has a few dozen in the same vein.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9Z4A Safari/6533.18.5)

Ew iPad what a stupid name! It is what women use.

Just a reminder to everyone that comments on Ithing names then don't care a week later

Spot on.

Sprint? What kind of dumb name is that? Verizon? Does that say Venison? Apple?

Lennholm

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2010
Apple's glad they didn't hire you in their marketing department. MobileMe doesn't scream Apple. iCloud does, and it uses a buzz word, and it explains what it's for. Good re-branding.

You are correct though. They better hit the ground running with some impressive innovations so people actually use the service.

How does it explain what it's for?, other than having something to do with the internet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.