Southland on TNT

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by EazyWeazy3, Feb 15, 2011.

1. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

Do any of you guys watch this?

Been watching since the first episode back when it was on NBC. Boy oh boy, this show is amazing!

Just curious to know if anyone else enjoys this show as much as I do.

2. Funkatronic macrumors 6502

Funkatronic

Yup, love this show to bits, I love the gritty COPS like feel it has to it, plus the ensemble cast is pretty freaking amazing. It's a shame their cutting off characters for budgetary reasons though.

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Couldn't agree more. I didn't realize they were doing this. Man the episode with the detective getting killed was just down right shocking. Didn't expect that one.

Both me and the wife have been hooked since the first season. Were bummed when it was canceled and the happy again when TNT picked it up. I hope they can continue even though it sounds like they are in some trouble with money.

4. EazyWeazy3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just us 3?? There's gotta be more out there somewhere.

Nate's death was a shocker to say the least.

I have a feeling Sammy is gonna do something awfully wrong in the next couple episodes.

5. dgamer84 macrumors regular

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

And judging from the preview for next weeks episode I think you are right!!!!

7. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Oh my days this weeks episode was awesome! Det. Adams rocked that guy.

Seriously. I love this show.

8. spoonyfreshh macrumors member

9. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Yeah she did. Next weeks season finale looks intense. I wonder if John is finally going to give in and get help after he realizes he can't do the job anymore.

10. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    I hope so. I really like John except he really pissed me off this episode.

11. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I agree. He is getting really bad. The ex-wife or soon to be ex-wife kills me. She needs to be drug out in the street.... well I will leave that part out. Ugh she kills me too.

I fell out of my seat when the guy that was hitting on Adams comes in and says "Mom".... Ha. The look on Adams face was priceless! Great scene.

12. miamijim macrumors 6502

This is a truly great show.... should be more popular.

I hope that boot's last nine days are trouble free and that John does not get him killed. I know it is against the code but boot needs to go to the top in regards to John's problems, he is a danger to himself and others on the street.

13. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Glad to see John is taking care of his problem! Good to see. The scene with the two female detectives and the one finds out her son is dating the partner. That was great!

The scene where the dude falls off the building! That was a great scene. The way it was shot, with the exception of him actually hitting the ground reminded me of "The Other Guys" scene when the Rock and Samaul L Jackson jump off the building.

I almost felt sorry for this guy. Almost.

I don't know how I feel about the detective going back to the field.

On a side note, wasn't he a Sgt before? Didn't he have three strips when he went out in uniform last time? Or was this what the Lt. was talking about in the pay cut?

14. bluap84 macrumors 6502

Ooooo yea i watch this! Its bloody awesome!

One of the best gritty cop dramas, i have seen in ages. Mind you i think nothing can touch "The Wire" but soutland is great.

I like that it has, the detectives, street cops, gang police etc etc...instead of one deptmartent. Sucks so much about Sammies partner he was a cool dude