Soviet submarine wall clock

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rossv78, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Rossv78 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    does anybody know of any reliable source to identify a soviet submarine wall clock. the thing about this clock is that it is square, not a usual round shape but square in wooden casing. id appreciate every piece of information regarding this.
    thanks

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    2 seconds of googling landed me this.

Also, I find it interesting that you signed up to an Apple forum to talk about Russian wall clocks. Not that I'm judging you or anything, but you'd think one of the many Russian wall clock forums found across the internet would've been able to advise you better. I mean I don't even know if what I'm linking you to is a good Russian wall clock. The whole subject is a mystery to me. I didn't even know Russians made wall clocks until I came across this thread.

3. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Plus it would add value, at least to me, if you knew the platform it came off. I'd like to have one from an Akula 2.

4. Rossv78 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks to all.
    i wonder too what boat or what type of boats/ years of service these clocks were used in.
    if you guys can give me few links to related forums itll be much appreciated.
    thanks

5. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I can tell you that the numbjob in office right now, Putin, wouldn't know. He's a blockhead.

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Watch what you say, word always gets back to him! Putin is OG ;)

7. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

He's a pantywaiste. :D

8. Rossv78 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. b06tmm macrumors regular

b06tmm

Came across this site today which shows a square clock in a wooden box that some sources say is/was a Russian submarine clock.

[​IMG]

Also, this page has links to forums and collectors of Russian timepieces.

Please show us some pictures of yours!

10. Rossv78 thread starter macrumors newbie

i got 2 (pics attached). primarily im interested in the history of square piece. if anyone can help identifying the round one, would be greatly thankful.
    tnx

Attached Files:

11. b06tmm macrumors regular

b06tmm

Can you give us more details and better pictures? What writing is on the dial and on the back?

12. Gandalf theGrey macrumors newbie

Wouldn't it be easier to ask an Russia Red Army member or a Russian Grandpa? :D

13. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    If you've got a picture of something, and you want to know more about it, the one best thing to do is open up images.google.com, and drag 'n drop it onto the webpage. It'll bring up a ton of links for you to check out.

...though Google has messed things up a bit recently, and somehow managed to break drag 'n drop. For now, you'll have to do it the semi-hard way by clicking the little camera icon, and uploading the pic from your file manager.

14. Rossv78 thread starter macrumors newbie

ill upload pictures of mine but theyre the exact same clocks found on the pics....unless you can provide detailed info.
    tnx

15. b06tmm macrumors regular

b06tmm

Unless you can upload close-up pictures that clearly shows the printing on the dial and movement, I will not be able to help you.

I asked earlier, "Can you give us more details and better pictures? What writing is on the dial and on the back?" but have not seen anything.

Help us help you.