Soyo 24" Display: Your Experiences?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tallest Skil, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm thinking of getting two of these displays (24DYLM24D6) for my Nehalem Mac Pro (if frigging Penryn ever comes out...) and I was wondering what anyone could tell me about this line. I'd like to know what kind of panel is used and/or if it's the same as in pricier displays and just general information about experience with this line, if any. Thanks guys, and namaste, eh.

2. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

Would Guess TN

This website

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/panelsearch.htm

has the 22" version of this monitor. The panel on this model is a "TN." Given the low price of this monitor for its size, I would guess it is a "TN" also, and not a PVA/MVA -- they usually cost a bit more: see below for their description.

The Soyo is a Good basic panel for games, video, etc. Fairly fast response time.

Color accuracy and consistency for high end photo retouching and the graphic arts is not the best -- lower to middle of the road. Lower to mid-level photo retouching and the graphic arts okay.

The superior panels are the PVA's MVA (which could be in this monitor) and the S-IPS (in the 23" Apple) for example.

Panels change all the time, sometimes not for the best. The new Wide Gamut LCD's are nice from HP and I think Dell. Who knows, this Soyo could be as well. My initial search turned up nothing.

Dante