SP3 setup error - "there is not enough disk space..."

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by peanutismint, Feb 4, 2008.

1. peanutismint macrumors 6502

peanutismint

I'm trying to install a beta of Microsoft's new release candidate for Service Pack 3, but when it tried to ascertain disk space for installation, it tells me "There is not enough disk space..."

I have 30GB free, but I've heard this is a common problem when trying to install Service Packs to Intel Macs (hey hey, rhymes...)

Somebody suggested creating a registry key which told XP that the Boot Directory was C:\ (not sure why this would help...) but I've tried it to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

3. peanutismint thread starter macrumors 6502

peanutismint

Hahha, i guess so. Well I was only installing it so that I wouldn't have to install a bunch of patches, updates and hotfixes...unless you have any suggestions of any auto-patcher type software I could use to bring my XP SP2 up to date?

4. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Windows update? Unless you can't pass the Genuity Authentication.. (bad boy!)

http://www.autopatcher.com/autopatcherxp

5. peanutismint thread starter macrumors 6502

peanutismint

Hmm I did actually try that but the download page brings up a 404, so I figured it was bogus...is it actually alive? Or will I likely have to join the forums to download or something?

Lol no, I can pass authentication, my college paid for my copy...well somebody's college anyway... :) But I hate Windows Update and would rather have something I can just set and forget... thanks for the help so far!

p.s. I'm getting further in the SP3 saga now; told it to store the installation files somewhere else and it's past the point of original failure! fingers crossed....