Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WinonaRyder_1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2015
Hi so I have an air from late 2013 which is running really nicely except for the fact that I went cheap and didn't get one with a lot of memory :/
I keep getting the message that my hard drive is almost full or something

I'm not great with computers, so do you guys know if there are any programs or apps that don't fully delete when you drag them into the trash? If so, how do you delete that extra garbage?

Also, I downloaded Google chrome but I hated it and I can only delete the Google chrome app, not the gmail, Google drive, youtube, or Google search!
Google is seriously getting on my nerves recently!!! I didn't ask for all these extra apps/programs/irrelevant wastes of space!

I'd reeeeeally appreciate your help! My computer is lagging so much and I think that's the reason.

jolanyehis

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2015
Get the appcleaner app , and drag apps that you want to delete into it , and this way you would get rid of any extra folders or files that work with that app

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
AppCleaner works well, but isn't so good at cleaning up incomplete uninstallations, alas. The files in question are scattered about your user Library folder, which is hidden (since you normally don't need to go in there). Some applications also install things to the global Library as well, which isn't hidden. It's confusing for a newbie. If you're going to use AppCleaner, it works best with the application to clean up still in the Applications folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.