Space black milanese loop scratches watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by daviedave, Dec 1, 2016.

1. daviedave macrumors member

daviedave

hi guys, just ordered a sb milanese loop from apple but im a little concerned right now as some people experienced the band scratching their watches. What do you guys think / what are your experiences? Dont wanna spend that much money on a band that might damage my sbss series 2 watch..

2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

As someone who bought this Watch - just be careful not to let the loop rub against the ceramic sensor backing when you put it down or charge it. It will cause micro scratches. Considering the way the loop attaches to the Watch it can't really scratch the sides or face of the Watch unless you whip the band upwards roughly when taking it off. I wouldn't let it put you off the SB.

3. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502a

Yes it does, and even with me being extra careful the censor on bottom AND the side where the band loops put micro scratches.

4. daviedave thread starter macrumors member

daviedave

hi guys,

i returned the band and went with the cheaper jetech ml. even though i was very careful while testing out the the original milanese for 2 days, it has left scratches on my sbss 42mm series 2. luckily, the scratches are only visible under direct sunlight and close inspection. however, i am very disappointed and shocked that the black milanese loop is such a destroyer among all watch bands.

5. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

were the scratches just on the bottom ceramic portion?

6. daviedave thread starter macrumors member

daviedave

no scratches on the ceramic bottom because i did not let the band come into contact with the bottom. however, on the bottom side of the watch there are scratches..

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Very interesting I never thought about it when I bought black Malanese Loop band few months ago. However I bought a AW protector case. I have to check sensor cover to make sure it doesn't scratch at all.