Space Black: remove one link too tight, add one link too loose

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Starfox, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Starfox macrumors regular

Exactly what it says on the can - are there any work-arounds besides gaining a ton of weight? :D

Is there such a thing as a half-link?...

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

If its warm outside make it lose because of the sweat and humidity. If its cold do the opposite

3. WilliamG macrumors 604

That whole issue is one of the main reason I never got on with link bands. Either too tight or too loose, and since our wrists DO change size depending on ambient temperature or body heat/cold, it's a lesson in frustration.

4. Starfox thread starter macrumors regular

What does this have to do with my question?

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I had this same problem. Solved it by moving one link to the little finger side and it feels a lot less loose and more centered.

Try moving one or two links from the thumb side to the little finger side, even if you have equal number of links on each side.

6. Karnicopia macrumors 6502

I did the same put an extra link on the pinky side. For me out of the 2 I like it snug so that's the way I went but really depends. I don't like my watch moving and like how it feels that way. Im also wearing it above the wrist bone so maybe try the tighter option and see if moving it a bit higher helps? Like mine fits perfect in a sweet spot but it took a while to get it. It is too bad we can't do micro adjustments or it would have been really cool if the removable links were the same size across the band but had different widths so taking out different links would allow micro adjustments.

7. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Tough for this type of band. Really just have to deal with it or return.

I'm not aware of any adapters for this.

8. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

When I'm cold it's looser than when I'm warm. When I'm warm it's perfect. My omega link band watch was the same.

If you put on a spigen crystal clear case it will help or if you want to go old world ghetto put a robber band or two on the back clasp area. (Beware hair pulling)

9. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

That's life with link bands, on most, people wear them a bit loose, not quite bracelet loose, but looser than another type/style band.

I only wear ss link bands, I like the fit and feel.

10. mikezmac, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

He's right. When you are warm your watch, rings and bracelets will fit more tightly. When your cold it will fit loosely

Metal expands some when it's warm, contracts when it's cold. Your body also changes a little in hot and cold.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_expansion