Space Black Steel with Milanese Loop?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lupend88, Mar 8, 2015.

1. lupend88 macrumors 6502

lupend88

Is it really that much of a fashion sin?

It's so hard because (in my opinion) the Space Black Stainless Steel is the best looking face while the Milanese Loop is the best looking band.

For them to match I'd either have to get the regular Stainless Steel (which isn't as nice as the black in my opinion) with Milanese Loop. Or Space Black Stainless Steel with matching Link Bracelt (which looks like a cheap Casio band to me).

I assume other people are in similar watch face vs watch bands difficulties. Any suggestions?

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if one can buy custom combinations. If not, to get the Space Black watch you'd have to buy it with a link bracelet (which, if you look around here, people don't expect to be cheap) and then buy the Milanese Loop on top. Though depending on how much you're willing to spend to get your combination, that may be OK.

While I do like the Space Black watch, I'd personally get the standard SS one as I think it gives one a bit more flexibility with band choice (of course, I'm a cheapskate, so if I do get a watch it'll be the Sport :p ). Space Black and Milanese loop wouldn't look awful, but I don't think it'd look nice as the standard SS watch.

3. lupend88 thread starter macrumors 6502

lupend88

4. troop231 macrumors 603

Let's put it this way, I want a black Milanese loop and black SS Watch, so if they don't ever make the black Milanese loop, I would be getting the regular SS Watch and Milanese loop instead.

5. valleydesign macrumors member

Comped this up for a thread a few days ago. Thinking the same thing...

[​IMG]

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There's no reason why they can't design a black Milanese Loop for a future iteration.

Ikepod with black Milanese bracelet (also designed by Marc Newson, who's now with Apple) next to Apple Watch with standard Milanese Loop
    [​IMG]

7. 1738 macrumors newbie

8. 1738 macrumors newbie

Are there any services out there that will diamond like coat a milanese loop? This would be pretty nice!!

9. easheer macrumors regular

easheer

10. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

You can google PVD Coating Service and you'll get a bunch of hits. These guys do watches, so you may want to start with them:
    http://internationalwatchworks.com/dlcpvd-faqs/