Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Is it really that much of a fashion sin?

It's so hard because (in my opinion) the Space Black Stainless Steel is the best looking face while the Milanese Loop is the best looking band.

For them to match I'd either have to get the regular Stainless Steel (which isn't as nice as the black in my opinion) with Milanese Loop. Or Space Black Stainless Steel with matching Link Bracelt (which looks like a cheap Casio band to me).

I assume other people are in similar watch face vs watch bands difficulties. Any suggestions?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if one can buy custom combinations. If not, to get the Space Black watch you'd have to buy it with a link bracelet (which, if you look around here, people don't expect to be cheap) and then buy the Milanese Loop on top. Though depending on how much you're willing to spend to get your combination, that may be OK.

While I do like the Space Black watch, I'd personally get the standard SS one as I think it gives one a bit more flexibility with band choice (of course, I'm a cheapskate, so if I do get a watch it'll be the Sport :p ). Space Black and Milanese loop wouldn't look awful, but I don't think it'd look nice as the standard SS watch.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Thanks for the input! Anyone else?

Let's put it this way, I want a black Milanese loop and black SS Watch, so if they don't ever make the black Milanese loop, I would be getting the regular SS Watch and Milanese loop instead.

valleydesign

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Let's put it this way, I want a black Milanese loop and black SS Watch, so if they don't ever make the black Milanese loop, I would be getting the regular SS Watch and Milanese loop instead.

Comped this up for a thread a few days ago. Thinking the same thing...

FdHdpwX.jpg

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
There's no reason why they can't design a black Milanese Loop for a future iteration.

Ikepod with black Milanese bracelet (also designed by Marc Newson, who's now with Apple) next to Apple Watch with standard Milanese Loop
Screen-Shot-2014-09-10-at-17.54.59-640x443.jpg

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
There's no reason why they can't design a black Milanese Loop for a future iteration.

Ikepod with black Milanese bracelet (also designed by Marc Newson, who's now with Apple) next to Apple Watch with standard Milanese Loop
Screen-Shot-2014-09-10-at-17.54.59-640x443.jpg

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
Are there any services out there that will diamond like coat a milanese loop? This would be pretty nice!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.