Space Black Sterling Steel with Leather Black Loop

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by amitdoc2b, Mar 22, 2015.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I'm considering to now purchase the Space Black steel version and get an additional leather black loop for it. I really want the sapphire crystal and the glossy look, so the matte-like Sports Grey aluminum with Ion-X is likely out of the picture. Can someone please adjust the 3 attached photos for me with the Space Black steel instead of the Silver case? This is not only for me to look at but also to show to my family from different high clarity angles and perspectives. Others can feel free to comment what they think of that look? I am getting the additional leather band because I tend to wear my metal bands loose when not in the gym, so this way I can adjust the leather loop as needed without having to keep changing bands between work, gym, and socializing. Thanks a bunch!

Attached Files:

2. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

3. Esexx macrumors 6502

Esexx

That is a great idea. I wanted to do the same thing, but purchase the leather band a little down the road.

4. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

It doesn't give me the same angles as the photos I attached in my original post.

5. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I hate that they made getting the space black color so expensive, I really don't want the Link Bracelet but I really love the blacked out look of the space black color.

6. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

I think it'll look great, and kinda wish Apple had that option from the start. But just something to note - the Apple Watch is designed to press its sensor into your wrist, if you wear it loose it may lose contact and thus stop working, thinking it's not on your wrist. That and what you are contemplating will have a cost of $1249 if you didn't realize.

7. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the reply. When loose, it will still have contact to my skin (tested with my current watch) but if working out it would shake a little. That's why when working out I would tighten it and hence the leather band. Worst case scenario I will have to return it. As for the price, I realize that will be the cost.. I like the black SS version that much.

8. tgwaste macrumors 6502a

tgwaste

Keep in mind the space black link band is NOT sold separately so you could probably fetch a good price on eBay for it. Maybe even $500 or so (the silver sells for 450)

So you could buy then sell the band then get another band.

9. ricknologic macrumors newbie

ricknologic

I had done a few.. not of the ones you asked, but it might help anyways..
    check my answer on this thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1856449&page=3

anyway.. here's the black leather loop:
    [​IMG]

10. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

11. studIOS5 macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

That combo looks amazing. I really really like the leather loop! I am thinking space grey 42mm sport and picking up a leather loop for casual (non active) use. I think that combo looks good as well.

Attached Files:

12. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

If you wear that leather band while you work out, you will ruin in relatively quickly, just a warning, the leather bands are not waterproof and you take your chances using leather water treatment on it.

13. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

That looks great, thank you. Can someone else do the other 2 photos for me? I really like it so far.

14. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I'm really surprised Apple didn't make Aluminum and the Leather loop as an available combination.

15. malone18 macrumors member

malone18

Just go to this site, http://mixyourwatch.com/. You can check out any combination that you want.

16. Seannyb macrumors member

Seannyb

Check out post #2 and #4 in this thread..

17. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can someone please photoshop the first two attached photos in the initial thread post with SS space black replacing the SS silver? Thanks.

18. tgwaste macrumors 6502a

tgwaste

Cant just use http://mixyourwatch.com ?

19. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

20. tgwaste macrumors 6502a

tgwaste

Am I serious about what? Using this tool to mix and match bands and faces?

Yes.

I dont understand your message in the slightest.

21. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Well, if you read the very short thread, or the post immediately above yours, you'd see these.