Space Gray iPhone 6 vs Space Gray iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nevesis, Sep 21, 2014.

1. nevesis macrumors 6502

Proud new owner of an iPhone 6 in space gray. However, one thing I am disappointed about is how much the space gray color differs from my iPad Air.

The iPad Air space gray is darker, and if I didn't know what color my phone was, I would have guessed the back to be silver. It is that big of a difference.

Does anyone else notice this? It's disappointing to think in there could be such color disparity between both these devices. If they had slightly different color names, I would understand but I ordered space gray and expected the same color as my iPad Air.

Interested to hear your thoughts...:apple:

2. houssein31 macrumors regular

Same for me, I thought it was silver....gosh i miss the color of the black iPhone 5

3. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

I don't own an iPad Air, but that was one of the first things I noticed on Apple's website. The iPhone 5S appeared much darker than the 6/6 Plus.

4. utsava macrumors regular

Same here. If they are going to change the color slightly, at least call it something different. "Space gray" is pretty specific, and it shouldn't vary so wildly between generations.

5. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

I really wish they went actual silver on the back or gold.

6. neteng101 macrumors 65816

I like the lighter color of the space gray iPhone 6 over the one on the iPads. It looks sleek without being too dark.

7. nevesis thread starter macrumors 6502

If I wanted a silver iPhone I would have ordered silver. However, I ordered space gray expecting it to be an exact copy of the materials used in my iPad Air and it's completely a different color.

It's more like iPhone 6: Gold, Silver w/ white front, Silver w/ black front.

8. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Same here. It's lighter than expected. Bit of a disappointment, but not huge. I put the black leather Apple case on it anyway.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yeah, several members have reported that Space Gray on the iPhone 6 is significantly lighter than iPad's Space Gray. I prefer the darker Space Gray found on the iPad but I guess there's nothing we can do about it.

10. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I hated the old space gray and I like the new lighter one a lot better; slate was the best tho.

11. neteng101 macrumors 65816

Have you seen the actual silver? Silver is almost white!

12. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

Agreed, in the light the silver totally looks white, was just noticing it on my 6 before I even saw this thread