Space Gray Sport Adapter?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by thelead, Jul 28, 2015.

1. thelead macrumors 6502

Anyone find a good match? Every picture I've seen of "Space Gray" adapters are polished (have a shine to them) and much darker than the aluminum space gray color.

2. waxlabo macrumors regular

3. linhromrom macrumors member

depends on your definition of "good match"

i have around 8 pairs from various ebay auctions. Black matte, black shiny, gray matte, gray shiny.

Though the best combo in my opinion is the black shiny since it matches the top glossy glass bazel to create quite a good look (duo tone). They gray matching the case is not too bad but doesnt look as good.

Its like you dont see people wearing black from head to toes. Sometimes mixing a brown belt would be better in a fashion sense.

4. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I don't feel that having an adapter that's not an exact match to color and sheen looks good at all. The whole two toned look makes the watch look cheap (IMO).

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Half the time you can't tell anyway. Looking at photos in the forums, silver adapters look grey, and black look silver. All depends on how the light catches them.

6. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i'm too anal..... i'd know they didn't match and it would really, really annoy me!

OCD.... anal..... haha!

7. chillg8r macrumors regular

chillg8r

I too want an exact match and am hopeful that the Click adapters, arriving in mid to late September, will satisfy. Fingers crossed.

8. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

I actually don't mind the shiny black adapters on the SGS. It might not match the casing, but it does match the screen, so you still have two colors (shiny black screen and adapter versus the matte grey case).

9. AaronE macrumors 6502