Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nico81

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
What's the deal with the "new" sports bands? I want that orange one! Are these going to be sold at some point or was that done just for fun?
The new sport bands added to mixyourwatch.com are those Jony Ive revealed at Milan Design Week.
Sport Space Gray with Red Band... insane!!!
red.png

AppleJuiceBox

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2015
Black leather loop looks so much better on SG than the blue leather loop

Tried it in stores...it's not the right Blue

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i want a really PRETTY pink.... not that gawdawful salmon color they're currently selling....

i would love a black leather, too....

oh... and just for fun: a black with white polka dots! i just love polka dots! :)

FCDP

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Didn't get a chance to try on the Milanese loop during a store visit, but I did try the leather loop.

Ordered a black leather loop, with a shipping time-frame of "May". So... ships tomorrow? haha, doubtful.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Ordered the loop for my SG 42mm Sport because it looked absolutely amazing. But of course I'm really waiting for project red sport band to come out, supporting for sure! I'll admit I really love the look of the blue leather but sadly its into June on the release so I am not going to bother ordering it. The vanilla colored one is 2-4 weeks which isn't terrible but not exactly manly either. :)

Kept thinking about cancelling the loop but since it's suppose to ship within the next week or two I figured I'll just try it and if I don't like it.. sell it on ebay.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
any more pictures or video of the sport space gray and the Milanese loop together

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I would pick up the dark blue sport band in a heart beat for my space grey. Looks fantastic. Everything else but the black is meh IMO. Definitely need more colors. Still wanna pick up the black or blue leather loop and/or a Milanese loop.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Black leather loop looks so much better on SG than the blue leather loop

Tried it in stores...it's not the right Blue

Black Leather loop is probably the most logical choice for the SG. That said... I probably won't be buying it anytime soon for 150 bucks... :(

Love the design and all that but come on! That's way too high for a watch band.... don't get me started on the $400 one.

Personal Jesus

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
Is the 38mm SG Sport the most non-versatile watch in Apple's lineup?

So i ordered a 38mm Space Grey Sport and I sort of regret my purchase already, for the lack of possible band combinations.

I mean really, what other bands actually work with this model? I'd like to have another more "dressier" band apart from the black sports band, but I just can't think of a possible option.

- All of the sports bands are definitely out of the question, since I don't consider them dressy enough

- Milanaise Loop certainly doesn't look good on a aluminum watch because of the SS connectors and, well, the band itself - it's clearly made for a SS watch

- Classic: I'd love to buy a classic band, but again the SS connector pieces and the SS clasp sort of don't match the finish of the watch. I know some people would say this is tolerable, but to me it's definitely a no-go.

- Leather loop: this is the one that I think would go very well with the SG Sports watch because it doesn't have any connector pieces and thus goes with ever finish. The black loop and the blue loop both look amazing on the watch, as we've seen in this thread. However, it is not available for the 38mm watch! :mad: This is the biggest letdown for me. I simply can't order a bigger watch since my wrists are tiny, but it sucks that I sort of get punished for this.

- Modern buckle: same thing as with the classic buckle, all the SS elements would make it an odd choice for an aluminum watch

So I'm not complaining, I know I bought the cheapo model and chose a color that's somewhat incompatible with a lot of straps. And I didn't expect all of Apple's bands to look great on my watch. However, I'm extremely sad that people with thin wrists are deprived of the only sensible band choice for this particular watch, the leather loop. Here's to hoping that either Apple or a third party brand come up with nice 38mm Sports watch compatible leather bands. It doesn't necessarily have to a leather loop; a classic band with non-SS connector pieces would be fine as well.

Reactions: Nightrich

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I've got the green band on order to wear outside of work. It looks damn sexy with the space grey!

I've got a 42mm Space Grey and I've got to admit I'm really quite taken with the green band.

So much so, I'm going to order one now! :D

----------

The new sport bands added to mixyourwatch.com are those Jony Ive revealed at Milan Design Week.
Sport Space Gray with Red Band... insane!!!

That's the winner right there!

red.png

dwburnell

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
- Leather loop: this is the one that I think would go very well with the SG Sports watch because it doesn't have any connector pieces and thus goes with ever finish. The black loop and the blue loop both look amazing on the watch, as we've seen in this thread. However, it is not available for the 38mm watch! :mad: This is the biggest letdown for me. I simply can't order a bigger watch since my wrists are tiny, but it sucks that I sort of get punished for this.

THIS! I love my 38 mm, perfect size for me. I'm disappointed they don't make the leather loop in 38mm. Unless Apple decides to make one, I'll most likely be going with the SG aluminum click and a regular leather band.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
So, I will take the orange, blue and red sport bands and the blue leather loop. I think that comes to (cough, cough) $600?? Well, maybe I will look around and see what the aftermarket offers and get them all for under a hundred.

If I go Apple on any of those its the leather loop. No way am I paying $150 for a rubber band. Apple makes it better maybe but not that much better. My iPhone 6+ cover from Amazon was only $12 and its good.

Joe1602

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Anyone else with a white sport band on preorder? I think it looks good. I'm going to use it for exercising, since it's already getting hot here in CA. Then I'll just use the black one at work since it won't draw much attention.

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone else with a white sport band on preorder? I think it looks good. I'm going to use it for exercising, since it's already getting hot here in CA. Then I'll just use the black one at work since it won't draw much attention.

That was my thinking also (WSB is on order)... I've also got a Milanese on order, and am thinking of the blue leather loop. Tried it at the AS... Thought they looked really good together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.