Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
I just got an SG Series 1 and a stainless Milanese Loop - I think it looks pretty good.
tggZ19P.jpg
PzHJVID.jpg

Cubbiemolly

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
Personally I think almost every colour goes with the space gray. That's why I chose that colour. Today was rainy so I made a leather cuff band. Just learning about making bands right now but I am really enjoying it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 561
Reactions: jimenez1410

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Just made this from a 1.5" leather band. Cut out the circle and adjusted the clip holders a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_9668.JPG
    IMG_9668.JPG
    389 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_9665.JPG
    IMG_9665.JPG
    409.6 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_9666.JPG
    IMG_9666.JPG
    397.1 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_9669.JPG
    IMG_9669.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_9670.JPG
    IMG_9670.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_9667.JPG
    IMG_9667.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 518

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I'm thinking i want a brown leather one but can't decided... The first and second are clockwork synergy bands. I would do black adaptor and brushed steel buckle..

Worn Brown leather
Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 8.41.37 PM.png
Brown Vintage from Clockwork Synergy
Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 8.42.06 PM.png

Nomad Modern
Modern-42mm-Black.png

How wide are the bands? Similar to the sport?

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Just wished Apple offered their separate bands with dark grey/black pins and buckles.

Still, I'm considering get a Space Grey for my Series 2. If I did decide, then it'll be the Nike+ with Black/Volt!
I'm waiting for the knockoff bands to hit ebay, will pick up a bunch of them. Love the look of the Nike design, just didn't want to pay for that specific watch.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I swapped the stainless steel connectors on my Pad and Quill "Whiskey" leather band for black ones I ordered and really like the look. My girlfriend thinks only black bands go with the SG watch but I disagree.

http://imgur.com/RkAyJW2

USC_Gamecock

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2004
HTX

tomacwhite

macrumors regular
May 1, 2009
England
I got the two discontinued colours I really wanted; Fog and Orange. Next up, Green and Royal Blue. The search for those begins!

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I got the two discontinued colours I really wanted; Fog and Orange. Next up, Green and Royal Blue. The search for those begins!
Still kicking myself for not getting Royal Blue when it was widely available, all the places I've looked recently have been out. Oh well, having too much fun wearing half-LightPink, half-Mint lately anyway.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
This is the band -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0117MD8NA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the band. I've only had it two days, but it feels and looks nice.

With respect to adjusting, a co-worker is a watch geek and works on watches, so I asked him to do it for me. It took him less than 5 minutes, and he said it wasn't a big deal.
Which band is it, like it? Easy to adjust size? Thx

Fwiw

Hoco make the best version of that band if you like chunky heavy. Its different than a lot which look the same. Its substantially heavier and more "refined" / durable in feel.

Hoco 3 bead Ebay or amazon. There is also a five bead.

I reviewed it on reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch...oco_grey_band_on_sgs/?st=IVVLVKBH&sh=e3240d81

Maybe thats helpful.

You have to remove links the traditional inexpensive but now it may ship with the little tool which is simple to use. Or you can buy the link removal tool for a buck or two.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I'm rocking the Spigen Milanese Loop
eba90fceddcf1d10c0efe4023e109258.jpg
b642b856fed06d05d454dd2a4a0310f6.jpg

...that looks great however, I can't help but think that any Milanese Loop (whether fake or Apple's genuine) is gonna slip whilst being worn.

As an example, I have a genuine Apple Leather Loop, which I occasionally wear, however, I do find that I have to constantly adjust it during the day as my wrist size changes (smaller when its cold, bigger when its warmer).

With a strap with an actual buckle, I find its better as the size it set by the hole the buckle is in.....!

9512tacoma

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2013
...that looks great however, I can't help but think that any Milanese Loop (whether fake or Apple's genuine) is gonna slip whilst being worn.

As an example, I have a genuine Apple Leather Loop, which I occasionally wear, however, I do find that I have to constantly adjust it during the day as my wrist size changes (smaller when its cold, bigger when its warmer).

With a strap with an actual buckle, I find its better as the size it set by the hole the buckle is in.....!

My spigen milanese loop does slip some throughout the day. The magnet still stays attached so i don't worry about my watch falling off my wrist. I agree with you I think they all will slip some. Still to me it is the best milanese loop to go with the space gray apple watch. The color is so close to a perfect match.

Reactions: Dino F

golosin2

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2012
I am on the market for a link bracelet for the space grey sport watch.

The thing is: every band I find is stainless steel and it does not match with the black aluminum...

Any idea that doesn't involve a stainless steel watch?

Eddie3345

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2016
Portland ,OR
IMG_6552.jpg

I have a classic woven band ( what the AW came with )
black sport band-OEM
white sport band-OEM ( Original equipment manufacture )
and a 3rd party nike blk/ grey band.

I really like the classic woven i just don't like that when i wear it a lot it gets that crease thats permanent. So i try not to wear it a lot . The sport bands are obviously gym and hiking being active. I live in Portland Oregon so were outside all the time.

The Nike sport band is ok. It came from China its a little thinner than the oem sport bands but it is what it is. No color bleeding and i even got the small band and its super long. Im actually debating on cutting it because it folds under the watch.

I can't wait till i get access to the market place. ( i have cash in hand now if people want to sell me their extra bands )
I want a brown leather loop or 3rd party red leather loop. Just for when i want to dress it up and wear a suit. I wouldn't mind a red sport band. My Birthday is coming up so lets see what i get.

Id like to try and get OEM apple leather loop because i don't want to mess with adapters and then they are off a shade or two. ok enough gabbing from me. If any one has a question just ask.

IMG_6550.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.