Space Grey MBPs should ship with Space Grey Box and Stickers / Accessories.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vpro, Apr 5, 2018.

?

Space grey product box and black accessories for space grey MBP?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2018.
  1. Would be fire !

78.3%
  2. Keep it classic !

21.7%
  1. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

Like the iMac pro, it would be amazing if the space grey MBP 15" build to order models ship in exclusive space grey box and space grey Apple stickers or black, and matching power brick/cables right?

2. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

they should add (back) an extension cord first

3. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I don't know what comes in the current Space Grey MBP box since I don't have a MBP in Space Grey, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is indeed a Space Grey Apple sticker in there with that machine. Maybe there is also a gold one, too, in the box with the gold MBP...... Anyway, my Space Grey 12" MacBook came with a color-coordinated Apple sticker, so I'm sure that the MBP does as well. I agree that it would be neat if they included a black charging cable and power brick, too, and put the machine in a special Space Grey Product Box, too. Back in 2008 the first MacBook Air came in a special box.....which I still have.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 6, 2018 ---
    Yes, I am sure glad that I have hung on to those extension cords from my earlier Apple notebooks! One I gave to a friend who needed it, and one I have been using myself, and the others I am keeping around in the event that one day they might be the solution to a problem....

4. loco8 macrumors newbie

loco8

I have the space grey mbp and it comes with the regular white stickers. But I agree with you, they should add the matching black power brick and cables. The white ones get really dirty.

5. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

How odd that Apple would provide Space Grey Apple stickers with the Space Grey MacBook and not with the Space Grey MacBook Pro!

6. htc fan macrumors 6502

Maybe it's just me but does it matter that much what color the apple stickers are ? I would prefer if apple includes a usb c to usb 3.0 adapter instead of stickers.

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Should add a who cares option you will get the computer put the box with stickers in the attic and leave it there until you sell the machine.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The stickers go in the trash, I'd rather see apple provide some significant additions, like dongles so I can use my USB peripherals with the USB-C, or as noted an extension cord.

9. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

I agree, it really would seem to be appropriate for Apple to include at least one or two dongles with each of their new MBPs and MacBooks.....

10. zmon macrumors regular

zmon

You're asking too much of the company who removed the power extension cable on the new MBP's. They already sold the accessories for a "discount" when these MBPs first came out. Funnily enough, it's still included on the 15 rMBP that's still sold from the store.

In regards to the iPhone, I'm sure we'll see the removal of the lightning to 3.5mm adapter soon.

11. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

I really hate the white. There are no white Macs at this point. The least they should do is make the cords, adapters, dongles, etc. the basic silver color, if not space grey. The white just looks stupid now, and it has always been difficult to keep clean (keyboards in particular).