Space Grey or White Silver

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pcubed18, Sep 26, 2014.

1. pcubed18 macrumors regular

There are some threads discussing the pros and cons but I am torn between the two. I don't want gold as its a bit much for me. I have had a black 4 and white 4s. Black 5s. I think the space grey looks awesome but hate smudges. Anyone struggle as well or any suggestions?

2. SWMichael macrumors newbie

The White/Silver has one big difference I like over the Space Grey, the silver ring around the touch ID button.

3. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I went from iPhone 5 in silver to iPhone 6 in space gray. I like both but wanted a change and the space gray looks great. I am noticing less fingerprints on the black face than on the white one but maybe that is because it is new with no wear to the oleophobic coating yet. I prefer the lack of a ring on the space gray touch ID button. I think it looks classy and sleek as all one color. I have a black leather case on it as well.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This year's Space Gray is so light that it essentially looks silver so the question should be do you want black front or white front?

5. Big Dookie macrumors member

I read this somewhere online, so I cannot confirm its accuracy, but supposedly the silver metal finish is slightly more resistant to scratching than the space gray finish because of the specific coating they use in the silver finish.

Again, might be total bull, but it could be worth researching if that's something that might be important to you.

6. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

White silver for two reasons....no smudges on face and silver ring around home button looks elegant.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I like a black front on my phones so that means Space Gray.

8. duaneu macrumors 6502a

I had a black 4, 5 and 5s, but decided I was ready for a change, so I got a silver 6. That said, I think the space gray looks great too, so either would be great.

I do agree that I don't really care for the gold one either.

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

All of my phones and iPads have been black. I decided to go with the white/silver this time and I am really happy with the change.

10. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

My last phone was black so I went silver this time
    Silver looks great and as above Touch ID button looks cool

11. logeox macrumors newbie

I like the space grey....the whole front is black. It's beautiful. But switched
    from black to white a while back because all the smudges shown so much.

12. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

Total bull. This isn't black slate like the 5

----------

Forget about smudges, do you like a seamless finish like the black front with no camera or speaker holes showing at the top?

I was on the same situation today but decided to keep my black/space grey plus

13. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Same here, black 5, space grey 5s and now silver 6. I don't regret the Silver one bit, the understated silver ring on the Touch ID sets off the front while the black front is just a little boring in comparison.

Having said that, you can't really go wrong with either colour.

14. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

While a prefer the black face I wish the Space Gray model had the silver ring around the home button.

15. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

The rings look good on the whites. But I think it was left off the blacks to keep it seamless.

16. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I think the 6 series looks best in space gray. Just like iphone 5 is silver and 5s is gold.

17. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

6 Series sure does :eek:

[​IMG]

18. Jesla macrumors 6502a

Jesla

Does anyone make a screen protector to make a black face look like a white face?...:eek:

19. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Lulz that's not a 6 series, thank you

20. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

i was gonna say the same thing lol

21. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Actually I take that back... It is the 6 series, the sedan version. It's called 6 grand coupe

22. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I normally go white/silver, but went Space Grey this year. My reason? The lines seem to be less noticeable on the Space Grey model. I feel bad for those that went gold.. yuck. Those white lines. Eek.

23. jlp2979 macrumors 6502a

I've gone black/gray for every iPhone since the 4. This time for the 6 I went with white/silver and love it, more than I thought I would. Changed my wallpaper from typical dark to the white mountain background + Apple black leather case = awesome.

24. andrewtm macrumors regular

Ooooh post pics that seems like a great wallpaper/case setup