Space Grey or White Silver

pcubed18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
There are some threads discussing the pros and cons but I am torn between the two. I don't want gold as its a bit much for me. I have had a black 4 and white 4s. Black 5s. I think the space grey looks awesome but hate smudges. Anyone struggle as well or any suggestions?

bevsb2

macrumors 68000
Nov 23, 2012
I went from iPhone 5 in silver to iPhone 6 in space gray. I like both but wanted a change and the space gray looks great. I am noticing less fingerprints on the black face than on the white one but maybe that is because it is new with no wear to the oleophobic coating yet. I prefer the lack of a ring on the space gray touch ID button. I think it looks classy and sleek as all one color. I have a black leather case on it as well.

Big Dookie

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I read this somewhere online, so I cannot confirm its accuracy, but supposedly the silver metal finish is slightly more resistant to scratching than the space gray finish because of the specific coating they use in the silver finish.

Again, might be total bull, but it could be worth researching if that's something that might be important to you.

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
White silver for two reasons....no smudges on face and silver ring around home button looks elegant.

duaneu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bellevue, WA
I had a black 4, 5 and 5s, but decided I was ready for a change, so I got a silver 6. That said, I think the space gray looks great too, so either would be great.

I do agree that I don't really care for the gold one either.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
All of my phones and iPads have been black. I decided to go with the white/silver this time and I am really happy with the change.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
My last phone was black so I went silver this time
Silver looks great and as above Touch ID button looks cool

logeox

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
I like the space grey....the whole front is black. It's beautiful. But switched
from black to white a while back because all the smudges shown so much.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
I read this somewhere online, so I cannot confirm its accuracy, but supposedly the silver metal finish is slightly more resistant to scratching than the space gray finish because of the specific coating they use in the silver finish.

Again, might be total bull, but it could be worth researching if that's something that might be important to you.
Total bull. This isn't black slate like the 5

----------

There are some threads discussing the pros and cons but I am torn between the two. I don't want gold as its a bit much for me. I have had a black 4 and white 4s. Black 5s. I think the space grey looks awesome but hate smudges. Anyone struggle as well or any suggestions?
Forget about smudges, do you like a seamless finish like the black front with no camera or speaker holes showing at the top?

I was on the same situation today but decided to keep my black/space grey plus

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
I had a black 4, 5 and 5s, but decided I was ready for a change, so I got a silver 6. That said, I think the space gray looks great too, so either would be great.

I do agree that I don't really care for the gold one either.
Same here, black 5, space grey 5s and now silver 6. I don't regret the Silver one bit, the understated silver ring on the Touch ID sets off the front while the black front is just a little boring in comparison.

Having said that, you can't really go wrong with either colour.

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
White silver for two reasons....no smudges on face and silver ring around home button looks elegant.
While a prefer the black face I wish the Space Gray model had the silver ring around the home button.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
While a prefer the black face I wish the Space Gray model had the silver ring around the home button.
The rings look good on the whites. But I think it was left off the blacks to keep it seamless.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
I think the 6 series looks best in space gray. Just like iphone 5 is silver and 5s is gold.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Actually I take that back... It is the 6 series, the sedan version. It's called 6 grand coupe

cocky jeremy

Suspended
Jul 12, 2008
Columbus, OH
I normally go white/silver, but went Space Grey this year. My reason? The lines seem to be less noticeable on the Space Grey model. I feel bad for those that went gold.. yuck. Those white lines. Eek.

Harthag

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
I've gone black/gray for every iPhone since the 4. This time for the 6 I went with white/silver and love it, more than I thought I would. Changed my wallpaper from typical dark to the white mountain background + Apple black leather case = awesome.

andrewtm

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2012
I've gone black/gray for every iPhone since the 4. This time for the 6 I went with white/silver and love it, more than I thought I would. Changed my wallpaper from typical dark to the white mountain background + Apple black leather case = awesome.
Ooooh post pics that seems like a great wallpaper/case setup

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.