Space Grey S2 Sports, paint chipping/flaking

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pika2000, Jun 13, 2017.

1. pika2000 macrumors 68030

My Space Grey S2 Sports have its aluminum "paint" flaking at the back and at the button. First touch with Apple via chat made it sound like they want to treat is as a "cosmetic damage" instead of manufacturing defect. Planning to go to an Apple store next month to see if I can get a second opinion.

I'm finding many people have this issue, but mostly on S0. Any of you guys have this issue on your S2? And what would be your resolution?

2. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I have a slight chip on my Space Gray S0, just where the Apple Logo is on the back. I haven’t pursued the issue with Apple, because it is so small and on the back, but perhaps I should. I still have Apple Care + until September

3. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I have heard of the aluminum chipping. Also this can be one of the downfalls with the aluminum model. How long have you owned the watch for? And can you take a picture and post it on here?

My suggestion would be to make an appointment with Apple and bring it into them and assess the situation from there. It's much easier if they can see the watch in person and they can tell if it's been damaged by the user or if it appears it might be a defect with the 7000 series aluminum.