Space grey sports "AND" SS space black

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Fireball Dragon, May 27, 2015.

1. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

Has anyone handled, worn and tested out both the space grey sport "AND" SS space black watches?

Would like to know how they both feel from someone who has experiences both.

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

What exactly are you wanting to know?

One is made of steel with a steel bracelet, and the other is made of aluminium with a rubber strap.

3. Fireball Dragon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

I know, I can read the differences on the website myself, that's not my point.

Just wanted someones personal perspective on how they both feel and look in person from someone who has practical experience with both. In terms of quality, look, feel, style, weight, etc.

4. SIR-Blade macrumors member

This was EXACTLY my thinking going forward with the AWS.

To my mind the 42mm SG BSB and Stainless Steel Space Black are the dogs bollocks. One's expensive, and the other more expensive :D

So to bring the overall cost down, buy the Space Grey, and get the black SS strap later on.
    Imagine my disappointment when I saw that the black SS strap isn't available as an option to buy. Booo...:(

The 3rd party bands look way to "cheap n nasty" at the moment, so will have to make do with the default strap for the time being.

5. Fireball Dragon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

The 3rd party link bracelets will never compare to Apple's. I have only seen them both in the Apple store, and let's face it, making a decision with a few minutes of play time in a busy store will not be very informative.

To this end, I preordered both, deciding to cancel one preorder after some pondering. Unfortunately, I cannot find any reviews or YouTube videos comparing these models...