Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heavenkiss

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2012
What's with the iphone 6 and apple sport watch both having 'space grey' colour options, but being tottally different colours?

Same brand, same material. Anyone else think it's weird?

bh85

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2015
Midwest
Yea, I wish it was the same color as iPhone 6. I think it would look better. Maybe it's a different metal make up than iPhone 6?

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
It's certainly darker. I put my SG watch next to my iPhone 6 Plus and it's like night and day :)

Personally I prefer the darker color. I really liked the Slate/Black iPhone 5 but I'm pretty sure they made them lighter because of all the scratching issues they had with the black models. Anodized, colored aluminum scratches rather easily and it's less noticeable on a lighter color. I think the reason they were able to make the watch darker is because they used a different process than the iPhone making it more scratch resistant. Plus it looks a lot better being darker with a black band IMO.

The new MacBook also looks darker than the iPhone. I think it would be slick if the 6S was the same tint as the watch/MacBook so they'd match.

Heavenkiss

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2012
Does the new macbook match the watch then? Maybe thats the answer there then and apple have revised the colour. If thats the case 6s should match too like everyones already said

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.