Spacebar annoyingly small

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iSaxon, Jul 3, 2013.

1. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Does anyone else think the space bar is very annoying when using the omnibar to search in Safari? I thought I would get used to it but still, weeks later, almost every time I go to type a space I type ".com" on accident multiple times...

[​IMG]

2. ominx macrumors 6502

3. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

I'm actually quite surprised they didn't just copy Chrome and put a bar above the keyboard with a row of 'web keys' :).-/.com).

Especially considering they copied so many other features from Chrome.

4. lewismayell macrumors 6502a

I did but I've actually got used to my finger being slightly further, so it doesn't bother me anymore, although I either have to type .com when .co.uk isn't for the website or go back 3 and add an M

5. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

AFAIK on iOS 6, that globe button to switch keyboards is only there if you have multiple keyboards enabled. The button is removed and the space bar extends to fill the space when you only have one keyboard.

Can someone see if the same happens in iOS 7? Depending on the answer to that, I would recommend iOS 7 users annoyed by the small spacebar consider whether they really need multiple keyboards. Obviously there's a possibility they do, but for others who don't, sticking to just one may improve their situation :)

6. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

Yeah that is an issue for me - the spacebar being too small. I do have 2 keyboards on my phone and it's absolutely necessary so removing it isn't the solution for me. I think the placement of the .com button is the primary issue. I'm right handed and I don't know about everyone else but I hit the space bar with my right thumb, and I use space bar way more often than I would use the .com button. So putting the .com button before the space bar on the right side just doesn't work well for me. Maybe if there's an option to either remove the .com or move it to the other side would be fine. Or maybe like before, holding your thumb on the "." will show options such as .com, .co.uk, .edu, etc

7. jon81uk macrumors newbie

Press and hold the .com button and you will have the option to use .co.uk and others instead!

8. lewismayell macrumors 6502a

Oh ****, no way haha, thanks:)

9. TweakOnline macrumors regular

TweakOnline

Well, I hope Apple could at least remove the .com button when I'm trying to search with the ominibar in iOS 7. It is pretty frustrating when you want to search 'Apple.com iPhone.comreview' or something like that.