Spaces and Stacks for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bgriggs, Mar 16, 2009.

1. bgriggs macrumors newbie

Call me part of the minority, but I for one feel that the current iPhone OS is still very 'beta' feeling in regards to its navigation.

I made the following illustration to describe how I feel that the multiple pages of apps should have been implemented. I call it Spaces for iPhone, original eh?

Basically I just want to be able to get to any screen quicker. Currently if you're on screen one and want to get to screen nine, it's eight finger swipes away. By having them in a grid rather than a line, any screen is at most two swipes away. I would imagine an animation similar to Leopard to let you know where you are, just as you swipe your finger in the right direction.

I'd also like to see "Stacks" available for the iPhone. I tend to sort my screens by category: Most used, work utilities, personal utilities, games etc...

I'd like to be able to have a folder on the 'dock' of the iPhone labled 'Games'. When tapped, it should spring up on top of all other apps in the grid array just how it does in Leopard.

Just my small little wish list for 3.0

Attached Files:

2. danimal99 macrumors regular

You know you can click on the little "dots" at the bottom to jump to a particular screen, right? (Although my fingers are kinda big for that...)

3. bgriggs thread starter macrumors newbie

You can't select each individual page, at least in my tests. It only goes left and right one page at a time no matter where I click.

4. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

I think is is a perfect idea - I only wish I thought to put spaces on the iPhone!